Lighting fixture choice for every home is subjective. Some choose a table lamp for the wall side table, while a few prefer a floor lamp at a living room corner. When it is about lighting there are several new options but you need to adhere to some dos and don’ts when you install the fixtures.
When you are considering lighting remodeling then the correct choice can make a room look visually appealing as well as practical. Chandeliers are a focal point of every room. They give the space elegance and style. On Sofary.com you can come across a plethora of chandelier crystals ranging from Swarovski to K9 glass. There is a choice for buyers of every budget and even there are a plethora of designs to choose from.
Below are some dos and don’ts associated with lighting choice and installation in every room.
- It is crucial to measure the space if you are installing a chandelier as a centerpiece in the dining room. The length and the width will give an idea of the diameter of the chandelier [size] you need to look for at the lighting showroom.
- If you desire to hand the chandelier over the dining table then measure the table length and divide it by ½ or ¾ to get the appropriate diameter based on the surface top.
- The chandelier must never be hung too low. You don’t desire anyone bumping their head when they sit down at the table. It can even make them feel uncomfortable communicating as they will be unable to clearly see the people sitting across. If the chandelier’s bottom is less than 29” above the tabletop, you need to raise it!
You get ready in the bathroom every morning before going to work or in the evening before going to bed. You enjoy a relaxing hot shower in there. So, make sure that you adhere to the dos and don’ts of bathroom lighting.
- Avoid the vanity light and install wall scones on both sides of the mirror. It offers great brightness for applying makeup, shaving, as well as other hygiene tasks.
- The bathroom needs to be illuminated and functional. Therefore, never settle for a single light, where you need two. You can add lighting controls to regulate each fixture’s brightness.
The kitchen is the heart of every home. Lots of time gets spent on cooking. Even children sit around to do their homework as their mom does the cooking. There are several dos and don’ts of lighting fixtures in the kitchen.
- Layer the lights to minimize shadows and create a balanced feel as all lights will work in synch.
- Consider performance and functionality. Task lighting is crucial in the kitchen lighting plan.
- Consider focal points. Chandeliers and pendant lights above the Kitchen Island create a huge visual impact.
- Choose an odd number of pendant lights like 3 or 5 based on kitchen island length. It needs to get spaced at the same distance, so start from the Island’s center.
- Choose pendant size according to the Kitchen Islands length. Too small pendants on a large island can get lost.
- Never forget that kitchen is an exclusive space with special characteristics. Opt for customized fixtures instead of generic ones.
Resist the urgency to choose a fixture, which hardly complements your home theme. Check if the style and material blend with your home décor. If you will not take precautions, you will find yourself replacing the lighting more often than you anticipated.