If you are planning to get the engineered wood floors installed, some pointers have to be kept in mind before you make a final decision. I have compiled these for you below.
Advantages of engineered wood flooring:
- Engineered wood flooring is more affordable than solid wood flooring but, unlike imitation laminate or vinyl, is the same in appearance and texture to traditional hardwood. By choosing engineered wood flooring, you can get the same stylish and timeless look of traditional wood flooring, but for a smaller price.
- Just like traditional wood flooring will add a sense of luxury and value to your home, engineered wood will accomplish the same thing and is a great way to increase value to your property.
- Engineered wood flooring is more resistant to moisture and changes in temperature and is less prone to get infested with molds and fungus than traditional wood flooring.
- Unlike solid wood flooring, there are multiple installation options with engineered hardwood flooring. Also, it is suitable for installation over underfloor heating.
If you like these benefits check this website: https://www.ecohardwood.co.uk/
Disadvantages of engineered wood flooring:
- Engineered wood flooring is more susceptible to scratches from high-heeled shoes, children’s toys, pets than solid wood flooring. You will be required to keep up with regular maintenance.
- Just like traditional wood flooring, engineered wood flooring is also prone to fading because of too much contact with sunlight.
- Unlike solid wood flooring, engineered wood flooring cannot be refinished more than 1-2 times, depending on the thickness of the wear layer.
Even if selecting the right kind of flooring can get a little tricky, but by weighing the pros and cons of engineered wood flooring, you will make a wise decision.